Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The truth of the matter is..

That I'm still sore from Pole Dancin' and that was on Friday.  I have the bruises to prove it, too.  
I had one of the best nights on Friday.  It was great.
I'm thinking about my friend who is having surgery tomorrow.  I'm concerned.  I say it like a mother... 
I look forward to taking Hannah to see Olivia the Pig on Saturday at Northpark Mall
I am anxiously awaiting PNO with Jamie on Friday from 7:30-10:30.  We don't get many "date nights" around here and I can't remember when the last one was, although our plans aren't anything spectacular... We get to have an uninterrupted meal at Spiral, go to Happy Hour at our local bar, possibly try and use some of the new cameras I got for Christmas and basically just enjoy our time together.
I slightly dread filling out paperwork for the Alternative Teacher Certification Program I'm going to apply to.  I do look forward to having Jenny Lou helping me with the paperwork and possibly doing it over dessert.  What do you say Jenny?  Sunday?  
Oh!!!! The other dreadful thing... Dealing with school loan junk.  What a pain in the ass this is.  
The discussion of moving to a new place is on the front.  Not to the McMansion that some or all of us dream of, but a home with a yard, a larger kitchen, three bedrooms, a porch,some character, good bones, charm and empty, waiting for a family to move into it. Let's hope it all works out.  It could be happening in a month and a half!!!
Possibly planning a mani/pedi date with a girlfriend or two???? Just because we aren't wearing flip-flops everyday doesn't mean that we should ignore our feet, ladies!!!
Planning a trip to Austin at the end of the month is getting close.  It all depends on that pesky thing called babysitting... Where is a "Real" Grandmother when you need it?
Okay, so my good friend Suzy is turning 32 on January 26th and for her birthday we (meaning she, Jamie and myself) are going to see Flickerstick at HOB.  I'm sure it will be... Interesting.  
Onward to more shows, Corpus in February, finally receiving my diploma, more Happy Hour trips, perfecting being vegan, dieting, pole and lap dancing with Jenny (???), quitting this job, having money AGAIN, and life... As usual.

1 comment:

Megs said...

Wow! I'm glad our ladies' night had such a big impact on everyone! Now you know why I love to work out every day (or at least I used to pre-op).

Thank you for the concern about my surgery. It went well with only one small hiccup that was thankfully resolved. My recovery continues, but each day looks better. It feels good to know I have so many wonderful people, like yourself, on my side, sending me good thoughts. Thanks, mom! :)

xoxo