Thursday, November 6, 2008

Putting things to rest

Week recap

Monday
-Study my ass off
-stay up way too late studying
Tuesday:
-get up early and go and vote
-study some more
-pack 
-take test (glad this one is over)
-Pick up Suzy and head to Austin
-Stay up late again filling out paperwork
Wednesday:
-Up early for my processing session 
-GOT THE JOB!!! Start date January 26th
-Eat Kerbey Lane-the best hummus and pita in the world
-On the road again
-Drop Suzy off and come in and sleep on the sofa for 30 minutes while her Dad makes tea
-Home, pick up Hannah and eat leftover hummus and pita
-We have a visitor tonight, Josh Yeats
-Catch up on current events and life
-Bed
Thursday:
-Up early, get ready and drop Hannah off at school
-On the road with Jamie-Back to Austin for his processing session
-Drop Jamie off
-Drive around Austin-looking for houses and daycare centers
-Pick up Jamie.  He got the job too.  January 26th start date.  WE ARE MOVING!
-Head to Kerbey Lane for the second time in two days-hummus and pita AGAIN!  Yummy
-BACK on the road
-Sleep about half way
-Pick up Hannah
-Eat dinner and catch up on recorded TV shows
-Night

That is my week thus far.  It has been hellacious, surprising, exhausting and wonderful.  We will be looking for a place to live in the next couple of weeks as well as a daycare center for Hannah.  

While driving to Austin, Suzy and I tuned into NPR to catch up on the election and was surprised at what we heard.  Obama won. I had the feeling that he might win, but wasn't sure if it would ACTUALLY happen.  But, it did.   
I know people are getting totally wet over this... He IS the lesser of the two evils,I guess... I'll leave it at that.  Ralph, you had my vote!  I'm sorry.

Driving to Austin with Suzy was great.  She helped keep me awake with loud music, dancing, laughing, great conversation and great friendship.  Love you Suz!  

I'm just ecstatic right now with all that has happened in the past couple of days.  Jamie and I are thrilled to be moving.  We love Austin and all that it has to offer.  I'll report more on this later.  

I'll miss a lot of you, you know who you are...

To my great husband:
I love you.  Thanks for all of the support you've given me in the past couple of weeks with school, trips, the closing of a door and the opening of another, dinners, Hannah and countless other things.  You amaze me.  Here is to the future, IN AUSTIN!  

*MUAH*  


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, to the future in AUSTIN!

This brings to mind a quote I liked from Ralph Waldo Emerson: "Build, therefore, your own world. As fast as you conform your life to the pure idea in your mind, that will unfold its great proportions."

That is what we are doing, building our own world, making decisions necessary to being where we want to be, and around like-minded individuals.

Megs said...

You're moving! Boo!

I'll miss you, but good luck in Austin! I foresee me taking a road trip once you guys get settled....

xoxo