Monday, October 13, 2008

I do believe it is October

It is now October.  And I can not believe it!  I realized that I have not posted since August 28th.  I really have no excuses.  Well, I could come up with a new, but they are worthless excuses.  

So, I'll just say a few things about the past month and a half...

I"ll start with the most recent stuff and go back.  Hannah's birthday party was yesterday.  Her birthday was October 2nd and YES I know we had her party 10 days after her actual birthday!  But, there was reason for that... Timing, money, a free day and on and on and on.  It was a great day.  We decided to have it at the apartment instead of at the park, it was just easier.  It was lovely.  We kept it pretty simple.  Well, Jamie probably wouldn't agree, but it really was.  We invited close friends and family and just wanted a more intimate gathering.  I would talk about what was served, but who really cares about that?  Well, the best part of it was that I made the vegan cupcakes myself.  And they were pretty good, if I do say so.  

Hannah made out like a bandit!  It was like a small Christmas for her.  She got so many books from us, my mom and Jenny.  She also got tons of clothes and a few toys.  She got some really great books, we have read like 8 of the new ones and haven't scratched the surface of what is on the shelf.  She had a decent time.  She is shy around new people, but in the end enjoyed playing with all of the kids.  We also had an owl pinata, which was a total original piece that we had made for her.  It came out really good.  I haven't uploaded pics so that will come later.  We had a good time catching up with people that we don't see that often.  Richie, Miles, Suzy, Jenny and Josh stayed awhile.  The kids played together nicely and we all chatted and caught up with one another.  It was really nice.  

That pretty much sums up that.  It was a great party, I had a good time, Hannah was happy, we are grateful for the loving friends and family that came to celebrate this special day with her and us.  And if anybody didn't have a good time, SCREW YOU!  Ha!

Before Hannah's birthday party we took an unexpected trip to Austin.  Which is the next big thing that has been going on around here... Jamie and I have applied for jobs with the IRS in Austin.  We have each gone to a fingerprinting session and will be going back for a processing session, in a couple of weeks.  We will more than likely be moving, if all goes well.  Everything is still REALLY up in the air and it could all fall apart and we could go nowhere.  But, not likely.  Honestly, I don't know what is going to happen.  We've had some time to spend in Austin since we've gone down a couple of times and we keep falling more and more in love with the city.  

So, there is that...

School is going well.  I'm pulling an A right now and we only have like two months left.  Wish me luck.  I also met with my graduation advisor on Thursday and everything is on schedule.  I'll be graduating in December.  A party will ensue.  Details later.

I don't think we have watched any good movies lately.  Been super busy lately.  Our little family suffered from 3 straight weeks of sickness and it was difficult to even function with everybody recovering or going for round two of sickness.  This past weekend was the first weekend that one of us wasn't sick.  Thank goodness.

I would talk about politics, but nah!  We did donate some money to Nader, which pretty much means that you know where we stand... Not on either one of those sides.  

We are preparing for many Halloween events coming in the next couple of weeks.  A couple of Harvest festivals, a pumpkin carving party/contest and finally Halloween!  

Then Thanksgiving!  A total vegan Thanksgiving at the Shipman household.  We might try and invite a few friends over that might be interested in joining us.  We'll see.  This will be our first Thanksgiving without Christian and Sabrina and it will be VERY different without them here.

We miss them terribly and talk to them often.  They are doing well and happy and that is the most important thing,right?

We are planning on taking a trip out to the Dallas Arboretum this weekend for some Fall pictures, which I'm really excited about.  Then in early November we will be taking pictures for our Christmas cards.  Yeah, I know... pretty boring.  It is all family stuff.  Well, that is my life.

Things are going great!  We are happy.  More later.  If I can ever actually do it.  Maybe I "broke the seal" and will write more often.  No telling with me.  

Till another time...

No comments: