Monday, January 18, 2010

I got my hooks up!

I finished my first pair of fingerless gloves the other week and since then have received a few orders for a few of my friends. I am really excited about this.

This is more informational for my new "customers"
The gloves that I posted on facebook were made from this yarn:
http://www.bernat.com/product.php?LGC=satin&SPP=999

It is called Denim Heather Mist. Those gloves were slightly larger for a co-worker, who had very large hands for a female. We actually call her, "Man Hands." So, if they look large, that is because they are.

Most of what I'll be making for everybody, unless specified otherwise. Is this kind of yarn.
http://www.joannfabrics.com/joann/catalog/productdetail.jsp?pageName=search&flag=true&PRODID=xprd90044

Yes, Vanna White has her own yarn. She has so many colors and I love that. I have a pair of these in the Tangerine Mist color. I love how warm they are. However, they are not as soft as the Bernat Silk. So, keep that in mind when I'm making these.
I ask that each of you please measure your wrists for me. Please send me your measurements via e-mail or you can just reply to this post.


I know that somebody asked about making them a little longer. I can do that as well. I currently have a pattern to make them almost more an armwarmer style.

Here is what the original patern will look like on your hands:




I know somebody was debating between a gray and black. I love the Charcoal gray, it is a dark, smoky gray. Let me know as soon as you decide. I am working on an olive green pair right now and will start on the black pair for Melissa unless specified otherwise. So, I need addresses to send these to.

I also wanted to say thanks for requesting these. I enjoy doing this and hope you will like yours.














No comments: